“A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.”
– Dave Meurer
Planning a wedding is fun and rewarding, but for many couples, it can also be all-consuming. In your haste to get ready for the big day, you can often lose sight of less exciting stuff…namely, the foundations of your relationship. How do you know you’re ready?
Because marriage is as much of a practical commitment as a romantic one, it pays to go in prepared. Premarital counseling is a way of ensuring you and your spouse are at your best for this lifelong journey. It accomplishes this by:
- Examining and addressing persistent issues in your relationship
- Giving you a better concept of the scope and scale of marriage
- Providing a safe, controlled environment for discussion
- Planning for future challenges like finances, children, and more
Premarital counseling is not a sign of a weak or failing relationship. On the contrary, premarital counseling is a sign that you and your spouse are committed to your marriage, and want to plan on making it successful!
Premarital Counseling Is…
- Useful for all engaged couples.
- Focused on preventative, rather than reactive work.
- A way of identifying and prioritizing ongoing relationship issues.
Premarital Counseling Is Not…
- Meant to fix a strained or failing relationship.
- For couples who aren’t sure they want to get married.
- A sign things are going badly.
You Will Learn…
- 12 Key Topics: a variety of ideas and issues you should consider before walking down the aisle, touching on everything from family to spirituality to sexuality.
- Valuable Research: the latest knowledge on how marriage succeeds, based on findings from distinguished researchers John and Julie Gottman.
- Practical Skills: three skills to keep love alive for life.
- About Each Other: through facilitated discussions, you and your spouse will gain healthy and inspiring new insights into your relationship.
What Do You Get?
The premarital counseling package includes:
- Four two-hour sessions with Dr. Azevedo
- A relationship assessment on your first anniversary
- A 90-minute assessment debrief session
Click the button below for more information or to sign up today!