Welcome to the Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work Workshop!
- Have you been feeling that your partner is just a roommate?
- Do you fight about the same thing repeatedly?
- Can you remember the last time you went out on a date or just had fun with one another?
- Were you thinking about therapy but not ready for the time or financial commitment?
- Do you have a good relationship that is going through some changes like the birth of a child or children going off to college?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this may be the training for you. Let’s talk about the training and see if this is what you need in your relationship
This is the Workshop for You!
This is an interactive and fun workshop. You will listen to a few mini-lectures, watch some short videos, see some demonstrations of the exercises, and find little break out areas for you and your partner to do the exercises for 10-15 minutes. When the group reconvenes, we’ll discuss our thoughts on the exercises. There are no questions about your personal discussion only about the exercise itself. You will receive support, encouragement, maybe a little cheerleading, and help to guide you through the process.
In order to provide everyone enough time to talk, laugh, and do the exercises, I will add an assistant for every 10 couples who sign up so there is someone who can answer questions quickly when we are in break-out sessions. These workshops will be offered every 3 to 6 months so if you’re thinking about it now please sign up because spots are going to fill up quickly. If the date doesn’t work for you, email me and you will be notified of the next class dates and location.
If you have questions, please email me at Azevedo@AFPsych.com. I’m here to answer your questions about the workshop. Unfortunately, I cannot answer personal questions about your situation by email. You may call me at 919-624-9561 if you are questioning whether your situation fits for the workshop. I hope to welcome you to this wonderful workshop that will help you improve your relationship.
February 9 & 23, 2019
Register for Workshop
To register for the workshop, taking place on Feb 9 & 23, 2019, please download and complete the registration form. You can reserve your spot by calling 919-624-9561 and paying via credit card, sending in your payment to 1903 N. Harrison Ave., Suite 201 Cary, NC 27513 or by faxing the registration form to 919-404-7124.
Once payment is submitted, Azevedo Family Psychology will send workshop pre-work to your address to be completed before attending. If you have any questions, please call 919-624-9561.
THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU IF…
- You are in a relationship, living together, getting married, married or anything in between
- You want to work to improve your relationship
- You’ve been fighting more recently
- You’re looking for new ways to reconnect and rekindle
THIS MAY NOT BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF…
- You are in a relationship with severe problems, significant emotional or physical abuse
- You are in a relationship where who one or both partners have an addiction or substance abuse problem
- You have serious emotional or mental health problems
If you fall into any of these categories and you are wondering if this workshop is for you, please contact me to discuss your situation. You may reach out to me directly to find out if you are a good fit at 919-624-9561. Please leave a message if I don’t answer and I will return your call as quickly as possible.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS CLASS?
The Seven Principles Program will give you new insights and research-based relationship skills that can dramatically improve the intimacy and friendship in your relationship and help you resolve conflict in a healthy, productive way. This class combines teaching and demonstrations with one-on-one work sessions where you and your partner focus on your relationship with each other. Confidentiality is strictly maintained. Although we encourage questions and comments, you do not need to speak in the workshop if you do not want.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Learn to be best friends again!
- Learn to notice the good instead of the bad
- Learn to notice when your partner is trying and how to respond
- Learn how to accommodate each other’s needs without sacrificing your own
- Learn how to find solutions to those “everyday” problems that couples fight over
- Learn how to connect on a deeper level
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS CLASS
- Q: Will I have to share our personal problems with the class?
A: No. The class does not include sharing problems or issues publicly. Couples exercises are done privately.
- Q: Must both partners attend, or can I come alone?
A: Since the class involves couples doing exercises together, both partners must participate. There will be a Singles version coming soon.
- Q: Myself and/or my partner isn’t a reader. Can we still come to the class even if we haven’t read the book?
A: Yes, you’re encouraged to come to the class. While the book provides valuable information, the class lectures explain the content of the book. Each person will be provided with a couple’s guide as part of your workshop packet and we will go through the material together.
- Q: Should we do the exercises in the book at home or save them for class?
A: The class will involve doing some exercises from the book so doing them at home will duplicate some of them. We won’t be completing all the exercises in the book, so you are encouraged to complete the remainder of the exercises on your own.
- Q: Is this therapy?
A: No, this is a psycho-educational class and is not a replacement for couples’ therapy. You will learn skills but will not be talking about private moments in your life.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to ask me anything. I’m here to answer your questions and I’m very excited to get to know you better.
WHAT WILL YOU GET WHEN YOU SIGN UP?
On the day of the course, you will receive a copy of The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, and a workbook for each of you to use during the class. We will be working through the book to make this fun and useful to you.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
This course is 2-days held on two different Saturdays two weeks apart. The total time is 16-hours including breaks and lunch. The course includes the book, 2 workbooks, and 2 decks of cards to help with exercises both in class and at home.
The total cost for the program is $390 for early registration which ends 3 weeks prior to the class date! Registration after the 3-week mark is $450. Registration closes 1-week prior to the class date. Financial Need Scholarships are available. Please contact me for more information.
Refund and Cancellation Policies
Refund Policy: If you must cancel prior to three weeks before the class date, a full refund minus a $ 50.00 processing fee will be given. For cancellations thereafter, you will receive credit good for one full year that you can use to attend a later class. No shows will forfeit their fee.
Cancellation Policy: To cancel please email Dr. Azevedo at Azevedo@AFPsych.com.